Economic Development Week
Economic Development Week emphasizes the importance of economic development for the State of Maryland. The week is designed to increase an understanding of economic development’s contribution to the State’s business climate, job retention and growth, the tax base and the overall quality of life in Maryland. For more information, visit Maryland Economic Development Association's website.
Economic development will take center stage in counties, cities and towns throughout Maryland when proclamations are made heralding the significant projects that have made Maryland a great place to live, work, and play. Recognizing the dedicated work of economic developers is a primary focus of the effort.
City of Hyattsville
Economic Development Week is an exciting time for the City of Hyattsville! During this week, the City will recognize, engage, and promote economic development happening throughout the City. The Department of Community and Economic Development has put together a week of engaging action items which will not only promote sustainable business development but, will aim to engage potential business owners by promoting the many grant programs in place to sustain and develop existing and new businesses. City activities scheduled for Economic Development Week can be found below.
Economic Development Week - Fall Business Roundtable
List of City Events
• Monday, October 25th, The Department of Community and Economic Development will highlight the Fall 2021 Economic Development Report. This report provides updates on the Sustainability Plan, Business Retention and Expansion Strategy, and the Corridor Investment Grant and Commercial Façade Improvement Grant. It also highlights Hyattsville Community Development Corporation’s traffic box wrapping public art program.
• Tuesday, October 26th, Mayor Ward will spotlight a local business, Maryland Meadworks, for their successful competition of their mural installation and contribution to our community’s resilient economy.
• Wednesday, October 27th, The Department of Community and Economic Development will host the Fall 2021 Small Business Roundtable. &Access will be providing updates and taking feedback on the Business Income and Retention Strategy.
• Thursday, October 28th, Mayor Ward, accompanied by Community and Economic Development and Communications staff will share a behind-the-scenes tour of the expansion of Kaiser Permanente's Hyattsville location.
• Friday, October 29th, Mayor Ward will present local outstanding businesses with Certificates of Recognition, celebrating their commitment to community engagement and capacity building.