How do I have the flag removed?
If there was no flagging error, you must:

• Pay the total amount due on all citations and pay the MVA administrative flag fee.
• Obtain a VR119 flag release form (“Traffic Control/Parking Fine Receipt”) from the Walk in payment center at 4040 Blackburn Lane, Burtonsville, MD 20866
• Provide to MVA a copy of the VR119 form, which informs them to release the registration flag

The citizen may have to pay an additional $30.00 re-instatement fee to MVA upon receipt of their new registration.

There is a weekly process whereby any citations that are paid to the City of Hyattsville that are currently on hold with MVA will be automatically submitted for a VR-119 electronically. The VR-119 form process described above is only in the case where the flag release is needed the same day as payment is made.

Show All Answers

1. How do I have the flag removed?
2. I was flagged in error. Will I still have to pay the flag fee and re-instatement fee?
3. I have sufficient proof and/or documentation to prove the citation was issued in error. Can I just mail the proof in?
4. Stolen Tags or Vehicle: My vehicle or tags were stolen before the citation was issued.
5. Vehicle mismatch with registration identification: The vehicle described on the citation does not match the registration I have for the corresponding tag number.
6. I loaned my car to someone else. Why am I responsible for the citation?
7. I was driving a rental vehicle at the time of the violation. Why am I receiving this notice?
8. I was driving a leased vehicle at the time of the violation. Why am I receiving this notice?
9. Why was I issued this citation?