Grants for Hyattsville Businesses
Corridor Investment Grant Program (CIP)
The City of Hyattsville created the Corridor Investment Grant Program as a funding opportunity for private and non-profit partners with creative placemaking projects, programming initiatives, and business development strategies.
The 2023 CIP Grant Cycle is open from April 10 - June 9, 2023. Please read the guidelines and materials below before accessing the online portal application.
April 6, 2023 Informational Webinar
If you missed the live session containing information about the Corridor Investment Program grant application process, watch the recording below. Slides from this presentation can be accessed by CLICKING HERE.
CIP applicants are eligible to receive a grant of up to 80% of the total cost of their eligible project or program. The City of Hyattsville Corridor Investment Grant Program will consider funding requests for the following activities:
Programming Grant (up to $1,500)
- Public programming series or one-day public event.
- Programming hosted by a private business must be collaborative, open to the public and include a minimum of three (3) private businesses within adjacent proximity to one another.
Public Placemaking Grant (up to $2,500)
- Exterior improvements accessible to the public may include street furniture, planters/flower boxes, benches, and public art/murals.
- Local artists are encouraged to partner with small businesses for public art projects.
Business Development Grant (up to $5,000)
- Business support services or consulting
- Business development workshops
- An equity match for the City’s Commercial Façade Improvement Program for businesses that have never received funding through the City’s program
- A one-time Commercial Tenant Subsidy is available for small businesses that are either a use that is underrepresented in the marketplace OR is a State of Maryland or Prince George’s County certified Women-Owned/Minority Owned Businesses (WBE/MBE).
- Structural repairs, interior work, and roof repairs are not eligible under this program.
If you would like to participate in this program, please review the program guidelines and application below.
For more information, contact the Community & Economic Development Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (301) 985-5000.
Commercial Façade Improvement Program
In order to better support our businesses, the City of Hyattsville has created a Commercial Façade Improvement Program. The program provides funding to business or property owners within the three targeted investment areas to improve their building’s façade.
The grant is a dollar-for-dollar matching grant of $5,000 - $50,000. The use of grant funds are limited to exterior improvements including re-painting, exterior shutters, gutters, windows, siding, doors, masonry, finishes, lighting, and signage. The funds are ineligible for interior improvements, structural repairs, or roof repairs.
If you would like to participate in this program, please review the program guidelines. The application period for 2022 is now CLOSED. The next grant cycle will open in fall 2023. Click the links below to download the grant program application and guidelines.
- Commercial Façade Improvement Program - Guidelines
- Commercial Façade Improvement Program - Info Session Presentation
- Commercial Facade Design Guidebook - The City of Hyattsville has created this resource for design inspiration regarding signage, awnings, lighting, and other design elements, particularly for businesses applying to the Commercial Facade Improvement program.
CFI Info session
Looking for more in-depth info about applying to this grant? Check out the CFI Information Session below:
Projects Funded by the CFI Program:
Seeking Further Grant Assistance?
We recommend that Hyattsville businesses seeking other regional, state, or federal grants get in touch with our local Small Business Development Center (SBDC), the Maryland Small Business Development Center Network.
The network is a regional affiliate of the Small Business Administration (SBA) and dedicated to providing one-stop assistance to the local business community. Their free services includes start-up assistance, business plan development, financial analysis, SDB/MBE Certification Training, federal grant and loan application support, and much more!
Visit their website to learn more & schedule and appointment: https://www.marylandsbdc.org/locations/corridor-region