Grants for Hyattsville Businesses
Commercial Façade Improvement Program
In order to better support our businesses, the City of Hyattsville has created a Commercial Façade Improvement Program. The program provides funding to business or property owners within the three targeted investment areas to improve their building’s façade.
The grant is a dollar-for-dollar matching grant of $5,000 - $50,000. The use of grant funds are limited to exterior improvements including re-painting, exterior shutters, gutters, windows, siding, doors, masonry, finishes, lighting, and signage. The funds are ineligible for interior improvements, structural repairs, or roof repairs.
If you would like to participate in this program, please review the program guidelines. The application period for 2022 is now CLOSED. The next grant cycle will open in spring 2023. Click the links below to download the grant program application and guidelines.
- Commercial Façade Improvement Program - Guidelines
- Commercial Façade Improvement Program - Info Session Presentation
- Commercial Facade Design Guidebook - The City of Hyattsville has created this resource for design inspiration regarding signage, awnings, lighting, and other design elements, particularly for businesses applying to the Commercial Facade Improvement program.
CFI Info session
Looking for more in-depth info about applying to this grant? Check out the CFI Information Session below:
Projects Funded by the CFI Program:
Corridor Investment Grant Program
The City of Hyattsville created the Corridor Investment Grant Program as a funding opportunity for private and non-profit partners with creative placemaking projects, programming initiatives, and business development strategies.
Applicants are eligible to receive a grant of up to 80% of the total cost of their eligible project or program. The City of Hyattsville Corridor Investment Grant Program will consider funding requests for the following activities:
Programming Grant (up to $1,500)
- Public programming series or one-day public event.
- Programming hosted by a private business must be collaborative, open to the public and include a minimum of three (3) private businesses within adjacent proximity to one another.
Public Placemaking Grant (up to $2,500)
- Exterior improvements accessible to the public which may include street furniture, planters/flower boxes, benches, and public art/murals.
Business Development Grant (up to $5,000)
- Business support services or consulting
- Business development workshops
- An equity match for the City’s Commercial Façade Improvement Program for businesses that have never received funding through the City’s program
- A one-time Commercial Tenant Subsidy is available for small businesses that are either a use that is underrepresented in the marketplace OR is a State of Maryland or Prince George’s County certified Women Owned/Minority Owned Businesses (WBE/MBE).
- Structural repairs, interior work, and roof repairs are not eligible under this program.
If you would like to participate in this program, please review the program guidelines and application below. The application period for 2022 is now CLOSED. The next grant cycle will open in spring 2023.
For more information, contact Dorothy Estrada at firstname.lastname@example.org or the Department of Community and Economic Development at (301) 985-5000.