Economic Development Week
Economic Development Week emphasizes the importance of economic development for the State of Maryland. The week is designed to increase an understanding of economic development’s contribution to the State’s business climate, job retention and growth, the tax base and the overall quality of life in Maryland. For more information, visit Maryland Economic Development Association's website,
Economic development will take center stage in counties, cities and towns throughout Maryland when proclamations are made heralding the significant projects that have made Maryland a great place to live, work, and play. Recognizing the dedicated work of economic developers is a primary focus of the effort.
On October 17th, 2022, Mayor Robert S. Croslin signed an official proclamation designating October 24-28th as Economic Development week in Hyattsville!
City of Hyattsville
Economic Development Week is an exciting time for the City of Hyattsville! During this week, the City will recognize, engage, and promote economic development happening throughout the City. The Department of Community and Economic Development has put together a week of engaging action items which will not only promote sustainable business development but, will aim to engage potential business owners by promoting the many grant programs in place to sustain and develop existing and new businesses.
Scroll below to see the full list of City activities scheduled for 2022 Economic Development Week!
Economic Development Week - Fall Business Roundtable- 10.25.22
Check out our spotlight on local business, Desbuild Incorporated! Desbuild is an international design-build contracting company that has been located in Hyattsville since 1992. In 2021 they were awarded funds through the City’s Commercial Façade Improvement Grant to replace the windows on their façade, improving both the building’s appearance and its energy efficiency.
Come along on this video tour of the facility and learn more about their work!
List of City Activities for Economic Development Week:
• Monday, October 24th, The Department of Community and Economic Development will release the Fall 2022 Economic Development Report. This report provides updates on the 2022-2026 Sustainability Plan process, Hello Hyattsville campaign, 2022 Grant Awardees, and development highlights. It also includes a special announcement about a new event, Shop Hyattsville for the Holidays!
• Tuesday, October 25th, The Department of Community and Economic Development will host the Fall 2022 Small Business Roundtable Breakfast (see details above). This will be our first in-person roundtable in over 2 years, and the City will be spotlighting businesses, as well as sharing development and funding updates. Don’t miss this great networking opportunity!
• Wednesday, October 26th, The City will share a video of a behind-the-scenes tour at Desbuild, Inc. Mayor Robert Croslin and staff from the Community and Economic Development Department recently toured their facility to learn more about their global business and recent Commercial Façade Improvement Project completion.
• Thursday, October 27th, The City will highlight the Small Business Emergency Relief Program, which is still taking applications and allows awardees to use the funds for any purpose, has awarded more than $500,000 in emergency relief grants to small businesses in Hyattsville. Hear from Erick Satchel, owner of Gremlins Tattoo Lounge on Gallatin Street, about his experience with the program and how a $15,000 grant helped grow his business.
• Friday, October 28th, The Department of Community and Economic Development will share the 2022 awardees of the Commercial Façade Improvement and Corridor Investment Program grants. Mayor Croslin recently spotlighted certain outstanding businesses, celebrating their creativity, commitment to engagement, and capacity-building.