The City is currently in Fiscal Year 2024. Each fiscal year begins on July 1 and ends on June 30.
Hyattsville's City Budget
Every year Hyattsville's City Administrator works with City Council and staff to establish the City's budget. The budget outlines anticipated revenues and expenditures for the fiscal year, running from July 1 - June 30.
City Councilmembers propose budget priorities in January/February of each year. You can contribute to the budget by connecting with your Councilmembers to discuss City issues that are important to you!
Stay tuned for ways to engage in the Fiscal Year 2025 budget at the end of 2023!
Fiscal Year 2024 Budget Timeline
Fiscal Year 2024 runs from July 1, 2023 - June 30, 2024. City Council discussed the Fiscal Year 2024 Budget at the following meetings.
- February 21 at 7 PM: Discussion of budget priority submissions
- February 27 at 6 PM: Follow-up discussion of ARPA and Council budget priorities
March 1 at 7 PM: Follow-up discussion of ARPA and Council budget prioritiesCANCELLED
- March 29 at 7 PM: Departmental Presentations and introduction of FY 24 budget and ARPA spending priorities
- April 17 at 7 PM: Deadline for Councilmembers to submit budget amendments
- May 1 at 6:30 PM: Public Hearing on the Real Property Tax Rate for FY 24
- May 15 at 6:30 PM: Public Hearing for the spending of the remaining ARPA funds
- May 15 at 7 PM: First reading of FY 24 budget
- June 5 at 7 PM: Adoption of FY 24 budget
City Budget Documents