The City is currently in Fiscal Year 2023. Each fiscal year begins on July 1 and ends on June 30.
Hyattsville's City Budget
Every year Hyattsville's City Administrator works with City Council and staff to establish the City's budget. The budget outlines anticipated revenues and expenditures for the fiscal year, running from July 1 - June 30.
City Councilmembers propose budget priorities in January/February of each year. These months are an important time to connect with your Councilmembers and share your thoughts on City programs, projects, or initiatives that you'd like to see supported in the new fiscal year!
Connect with your Councilmembers by:
- NEW! Review budget proposals and share your ideas on HelloHyattsville.com or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sending an e-mail. Find contact information for your Councilmember. (Not sure which Ward you live in? Enter your address in our City verification map!)
- Attend a Ward Check-in or Council meeting. Council meetings are open to the public! Find an upcoming meeting at hyattsville.org/calendar.
Fiscal Year 2024 Budget Timeline
Following the submission of Council budget priorities, City Council will discuss the Fiscal Year 2024 Budget at the following upcoming meetings.
Dates are subject to change. Meeting links and details will be posted to hyattsville.org/calendar as they become available.
- February 21 at 7 PM: Discussion of budget priority submissions
- February 27 at 6 PM: Follow-up discussion of ARPA and Council budget priorities
March 1 at 7 PM: Follow-up discussion of ARPA and Council budget priorities
- March 29 at 7 PM: Departmental Presentations and introduction of FY24 budget and ARPA spending priorities
- April 17 at 7 PM: Deadline for Councilmembers to submit budget amendments
- May 1 at 6:30 PM: Public Hearing on the Real Property Tax Rate for FY2024
- May 15 at 6:30 PM: Public Hearing for the spending of the remaining ARPA funds
- May 15 at 7 PM: First reading of FY24 budget
- June 5 at 7 PM: Adoption of FY24 budget
City Budget Documents
The FY23 budget process was completed in June of 2022 and City Council passed the Fiscal Year 2023 Budget Ordinance in July of 2022.
Ronald BrooksCity TreasurerPhone: (301) 985-5042
Natally PalmaDeputy Finance ManagerPhone: (301) 363-2416
Mary Ellen HardingSenior Staff AccountantPhone: (301) 985-5010
Stacey ConleyAccountantPhone: (301) 985-5011