Park, Pavilion, and Room Rentals
PAVILION USERS ARE REQUIRED TO FOLLOW COUNTY MASK AND SOCIAL DISTANCING GUIDELINES IN PLACE AT THE TIME OF THE RESERVATION.
The two pavilions at Driskell Park are available for public use BY PERMIT ONLY. Pavilions are available for rental April through October. Rental requests are accepted beginning the first business day of January each year. Each pavilion is rented to one group per day, 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., and includes use of a pavilion and accompanying grill(s) only. Playgrounds, basketball and tennis courts, ballfields, and other areas are open to the public or may be permitted to other groups. Restrooms are available in the Recreation Building. Please use the links below to rent the pavilions.
Use of the following is prohibited and violations will result in cancellation of pavilion permit:
- Alcoholic beverages
- Loud music and DJ equipment
- Moon bounces, other inflatable amusements, and pony rides
- Sales and vending of any kind.
- Grills, other than those provided
- There is no electricity available.
- Cars are permitted on paved roads only.
- No vehicles are permitted on the grass at any time.
The Large Pavilion is located on the right side of the entrance road next to baseball diamond. This pavilion holds a maximum of 80 people and the rental fee is $175. Rental of the large pavilion includes two (2) charcoal grills. Rent the large pavilion .
The Small Pavilion is located on the left side of the entrance road behind the Recreation Building and is available for rent by City Residents only. This pavilion has a capacity of 30 people and the rental fee is $125. Rental of the small pavilion includes one (1) charcoal grill. Rent the small pavilion
ROOM RESERVATIONS ARE TEMPORARILY PAUSED. THE CITY BUILDING IS CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC TO REDUCE THE SPREAD OF COVID-19.
City resident groups and nonprofit organizations can reserve rooms in the Hyattsville City Building (4310 Gallatin Street) for their meetings and activities. There is no charge for the rooms, but a $50 deposit is required to ensure the rooms are kept clean. Rooms are only available to registered room users.
How to Register
To register as a room user, each group must submit this online registration form to show that they meet the requirements for room use. Once the form is submitted, a City employee will contact you to confirm or deny registration and, if confirmed, request the $50 deposit. Registered users must be one of the following types of organizations:
- Resident groups in which more than one fourth of members are City residents. Proof of resident status may be required.
- Nonprofit organizations that are located in the City.
- Government organizations and elected officials.
How to Reserve
Only registered room users can reserve the rooms. If your group has not yet registered, please see above.
Once registered, groups must submit this online reservation form to request reservations. One form can be submitted for multiple recurring reservations. Non-recurring reservations will each require their own form. Once the form has been submitted, a City employee will contact you to discuss availability and confirm or deny the reservation. Rooms are to be used for only the meetings and activities of registered user groups. The following activities are prohibited:
- Partisan or campaign related (except for a candidate’s forum for City elections, if conducted by a neutral community oriented public service organization).
- Religious worship/services.
- Celebrations (for example - birthday parties, baby and bridal showers, wedding receptions, holiday parties, staff celebrations, etc.).
- Events that require an entrance fee.
View the complete list of room use rules.
Playing Field Reservations
The City's soccer, football, and softball fields are available for use by permit only. Permitting meetings are typically held in February for spring sports and in July for fall sports. For more information on field permitting, contact the Department of Community Services at (301) 985-5021.