Candidacy Filing Period for 2023 Citywide Election
Download our Candidate Flyer
Watch a recording of the February 1, 2023, Candidate Information Session
Registered Candidates: Please read these Instructions before submitting your Candidate Biography, Q&A, and headshot here for future elections.
Forms are fillable PDFs.
- Candidate Checklist REQUIRED
- Candidate Registration Form REQUIRED
- Financial Disclosure Statement REQUIRED
- Candidate Biography (link to google form) Instructions REQUIRED
- Campaign Account Registration Required if candidate intends to raise over $1,000
- Certification of Contribution Threshold Required if candidate does NOT intend to raise over $1,000
- Change of Name Affidavit Required if candidate does not want full legal name on the ballot (for example the use of a nickname instead of full first name).
Campaign Finance Documents
The 2023 Campaign Finance documents are linked below. Reports may be submitted in hard copy to the City building (by appointment) or electronically to email@example.com. Forms may not be submitted prior to the due date and are due by 1 PM on the due date. All candidates are required to submit reports.
Initial Report - Tuesday, April 18, 2023 at 1 PM
Second Report - Tuesday, May 2, 2023, at 1 PM
Third Report (post-election) - Friday, June 23, 2023, at 1 PM
Annual Report (if applicable) - Tuesday, September 5, 2023, at 1 PM
Campaign Finance Forms:
Campaign Finance Cover Page
Campaign Finance Workbook
Disposition of Funds Form
The Hyattsville City Charter and Code is available online in a searchable database. Candidates should familiarize themselves with the requirements in the Charter pertaining to elections, and Chapter 8, Elections, and Chapter 10, Ethics.