- Candidate Information
Candidacy Filing Period for 2023 Citywide Election
Candidate registration for the 2023 General Election will open on February 7, 2023 and close on March 10, 2023 at 5 p.m.
Download our Candidate Flyer
Watch a recording of the February 1, 2023 Candidate Information Session
Registered Candidates: Upload your Candidate Biography, Q&A, and headshot here. This information is due by 5:00 p.m. on March 13 to be included in the City's Election Guide. Please read these Instructions before submitting.
A Candidate Forum, hosted by the Hyattsville Life & Times, is scheduled for April 13 at 6 PM. Additional details will be coming soon!
2023 Election Candidate Information Packet
Forms are fillable PDFs.
- Candidate Checklist REQUIRED
- Candidate Registration Form REQUIRED
- Financial Disclosure Statement REQUIRED
- See Financial Disclosure Instructions and Appendix (Vendor List)
- Additional Schedule H Used to report immediate family employment/business ownership
- Candidate Biography (link to google form) Instructions REQUIRED
- Campaign Account Registration Required if candidate intends to raise over $1,000
- Certification of Contribution Threshold Required if candidate does NOT intend to raise over $1,000
- Change of Name Affidavit Required if candidate does not want full legal name on the ballot (for example the use of a nickname instead of full first name).
Campaign Finance Documents
The 2023 Campaign Finance documents are linked below. Reports may be submitted in hard copy to the City building (by appointment) or electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Forms may not be submitted prior to the due date and are due by 1 PM on the due date. All candidates are required to submit reports.
Initial Report - Tuesday, April 18, 2023 at 1 PM
Second Report - Tuesday, May 2, 2023 at 1 PM
Third Report (post election) - Friday, June 23, 2023 at 1 PM
Annual Report (if applicable) - Tuesday, September 5, 2023 at 1 PM
Campaign Finance Forms:
Campaign Finance Cover Page
Campaign Finance Workbook
Disposition of Funds Form
The Hyattsville City Charter and Code is available online in a searchable database. Candidates should familiarize themselves with the requirements in the Charter pertaining to elections, and Chapter 8, Elections, and Chapter 10, Ethics.