Corridor Investment Program Grant
The City of Hyattsville created the Corridor Investment Grant Program as a funding opportunity for private and non-profit partners with creative placemaking projects, programming initiatives, and business development strategies.
Applicants are eligible to receive a grant of up to 80% of the total cost of their eligible project or program. The City of Hyattsville Corridor Investment Grant Program will consider funding requests for the following activities:
Programming Grant (up to $1,500)
- Public programming series or one-day public event.
- Programming hosted by a private business must be collaborative, open to the public and include a minimum of three (3) private businesses within adjacent proximity to one another.
Public Placemaking Grant (up to $2,500)
- Exterior improvements accessible to the public which may include street furniture, planters/flower boxes, benches, and public art/murals.
Business Development Grant (up to $5,000)
- Business support services or consulting
- Business development workshops
- An equity match for the City’s Commercial Façade Improvement Program for businesses that have never received funding through the City’s program
- A one-time Commercial Tenant Subsidy is available for small businesses that are either a use that is underrepresented in the marketplace OR is a State of Maryland or Prince George’s County certified Women Owned/Minority Owned Businesses (WBE/MBE).
- Structural repairs, interior work, and roof repairs are not eligible under this program.
If you would like to participate in this program, please review the program guidelines and application below. The funding round is open from June 16th, 2021 to August 13th, 2021. All applications and supplemental materials must be submitted to ABoyd@hyattsville.org by 4:00 PM on Thursday August 13th, 2021.
For more information, contact Amy Boyd ABoyd@hyattsville.org or the Department of Community and Economic Development at (301) 985-5000.