Hazardous Waste

Motor Oil and Antifreeze

Residents can help protect the City’s environment by collecting used motor oil and antifreeze separately and bringing them to the Department of Public Works Operations Center. The City has designated tanks for each of the liquids, and will dispose of them properly.  Gasoline, solvents, brake fluid, oil mixtures, refrigeration oil or vegetable oil. is not accepted. 

The DPW Operations Center is located at 
4633 Arundel Place. It is open Monday through Friday between 7:30 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. It is closed to the public at all other times. 

Please note that at this time, the DPW Operations Center at 4633 Arundel Place is going through renovations and is not accepting used motor oil and antifreeze.

Other Hazardous Waste

Prince George's County operates a Household Hazardous Waste Acceptance Site, co-located at the Brown Station Landfill in Upper Marlboro at 11611 White House Road. For more information and a full list of hazardous materials accepted, please visit the their hazardous waste acceptance webpage.