Give one of our recruiters a call at (301) 363-0957 or email to: JoinHPD@hyattsville.org.
*Entry Level Signing Bonus up to $10,000*
*Lateral Signing Bonus up to $15,000*
The Patrol Officer provides proficient patrol services to the City of Hyattsville Community.
Patrol Officers are assigned to specific shifts and are charged with:
- Protecting life and property.
- Preserving the public peace.
- Enforcing local ordinances, as well as state and federal laws.
- Apprehending law violators.
- Preventing and deterring crime.
- Serving as a resource to the community
Patrol Officers must be able to exercise independent judgement and tact as a means of handling both routine and complex situations and making determinations and judgements on a wide spectrum of issues.
The City of Hyattsville Police Department is seeking highly motivated individuals for the position of Police Officer (Entry-Level and Lateral). Candidates should exhibit good character, sound judgement, and reliability. They should possess a customer-oriented mindset and never stray from the department’s values of “Service”, “Integrity”, and “Respect.
- Be a High School Graduate, or equivalent
- Be 21 years of age
- Possess a valid driver's license
- Have the ability to obtain and maintain the minimum requirements of the Maryland Police Training Commission (or have current certification for Laterals)