#CountMeIn Census Challenge
Residents of Hyattsville, YOU COUNT!The 2020 Census is open until September 30, 2020! Don’t miss your chance to be counted. Every household, regardless of race or ethnicity, age, gender, citizenship status or political affiliation, must complete a 2020 census form. It’s just nine questions and takes 10 minutes to complete!
Government agencies use the Census to determine where to allocate funds for important services like public schools, medical assistance, senior services, road/infrastructure improvements, and more. Every person who completes the census contributes approximately $18,250 in services to the Hyattsville community.
Visit 2020census.gov or call (844) 331-2020 to respond online, by phone, or by mail.
#CountMeIn Census Challenge
If you’ve already completed your Census, we still need your help inspiring your neighbors! Hyattsville’s Complete Count Committee is challenging everyone in both Hyattsville and College Park to submit a short video or photo with a message sharing why you took the census and encouraging others to do the same. No professional equipment needed! Use a smartphone, tablet or computer and film at home or out in the neighborhood—maybe your stoop or street, a transit stop, or a local business. We encourage submissions in all languages to help reach all community members with this important message.
Your entries could be featured in future City census promotions on social media, and… we’ve got prizes! At the end of the Challenge a team of reviewers will award gift certificates for local restaurants and shops to the top three submissions. See below for competition details.
Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to participate but you’re feeling stuck? Click here for some suggested messages to start with.
Census Challenge Rules & Regulations
How To EnterExplain why the census matters to your community in either a photo with a census sign or in a short 15-30 second video. All entries must be fact-based and contain no offensive, misleading, or false information. Content may be shared on the City of Hyattsville’s Facebook page, Twitter, Instagram and/or the City of Hyattsville’s Facebook ad campaign.
Videos: Videos must be 15 to 30 seconds in length in a format compatible with YouTube: WebM files, MPEG4, 3GPP, MOV, AVI, MPEGPS, WMV, FLV with suggested aspect ratio of 16:9.
Photos: Images must include a person holding a sign somewhere in Hyattsville that explains why the census matters to them.
Submission Deadline: September 30, 2020
PrizesFirst prize - Best video: $250 in Hyattsville business gift cards
Second prize - Best video or photo: $100 in Hyattsville business gift cards
Third prize - Best photo: $50 in Hyattsville business gift cards
Judging ProcessAll entries will be screened by the City of Hyattsville to ensure they meet eligibility criteria and guidelines on format, length, and accuracy. Submissions passing this screening will be then be reviewed by our judging committee after September 30, 2020. The videos and/or images with highest votes from our judging panel will be contacted in early October. Please note, videos may be shared prior to the judging review for promotional purposes. City officials, Hyattsville Complete Count Committee members and their family members are not eligible for prizes.
Terms and ConditionsBy participating in this challenge, participants:
- Agree to assume any and all risks and waive claims against the City of Hyattsville, except in the case of willful misconduct, for any injury, death, damage, or loss of property, revenue, or profits, whether direct, indirect, or consequential, arising from their participation in this prize contest, whether the injury, death, damage, or loss arises through negligence or otherwise.
- Agree to indemnify the City of Hyattsville against third party claims for damages arising from or related to Challenge activities.
- May not be a judge of the challenge, or any other party involved with the design, production, execution, or distribution of the Challenge or the immediate family of such a party (i.e., spouse, parent, step-parent, child, or step-child).
- By submitting an application, applicants confirm that they have the written consent of any person or business to appear in the video, or the parent or guardian of any minor who appears in the video.
- Applicants must understand that it is their sole responsibility to review and understand their employers’ policies regarding eligibility to participate in this prize challenge. The City of Hyattsville disclaims any and all liability or responsibility for disputes arising between an employee and their employer related to the competition.
- Agree that the City of Hyattsville has the applicant's permission to use their video, likeness, profile and/or story in all forms of media and all manners, including publications, social media postings, web pages and other promotional materials. Applicant understands the circulation of the materials could be worldwide and that there will be no compensation to the applicant for this use. Applicant waives any right to inspect or approve the finished product, including written copy that may be created in connection therewith.
- A video may be disqualified if it fails to function as expressed in the description provided by the participant, if it provides inaccurate or incomplete information, or if any components of the video are deemed offensive, unsafe or inappropriate.
- A video may be disqualified if it is not the original work of the creator(s) or infringes upon any copyrighted material that is not the original work of the creator(s).
- The submitting team must not use government logos or official seals and must not claim endorsement by the City of Hyattsville.