COVID-19 Pandemic Relief Fund
Hyattsville’s Mayor and City Council have established a COVID-19 Pandemic Relief Fund in the amount of $1 million dollars to reduce the impact of economic hardships arising from the current health crisis.
The fund is available through multiple avenues to address a wide range of needs for residents and businesses located in the incorporated City of Hyattsville. (Verify your residency here.)
Details and application forms will be added to this page as they become available.
Funding for Residents
- Through a partnership with the Hyattsville Community Development Corporation, $300,000 will be available to support residents with rent, mortgage, utilities, and other emergency relief needs. Details coming soon. This fund will be able to accept donations to increase the pool of available monies.
- Through a partnership with Employ Prince George’s (EPG), $100,000 will be available in the form of $200 EPG Cash Cards to provide emergency relief for hourly workers residing in Hyattsville. Details coming soon. This fund will be able to accept donations to increase the pool of available monies.
- Through a partnership with CASA Maryland, $100,000 will be available to support emergency relief for undocumented Hyattsville residents. Details coming soon.
COVID-19 Pandemic Relief Grants for Businesses
The business relief grants will be administered by the City of Hyattsville, with an application process opening on June 1, 2020.
- $350,000 available to support Hyattsville small businesses in amounts up to $2,500. $175,000 of the total fund will be reserved for minority-, women-, veteran-owned, and single-employee businesses. Please indicate in your application if you qualify.
- $100,000 available to support Hyattsville childcare providers in amounts up to $2,500
- $50,000 available to support Hyattsville working artists in amounts to $1,000