As of June 29, 2020 Prince George's County is in Phase 2 of reopening plan for some activities and businesses. Find more information about business closures and restrictions on the County's Coronavirus website.
Businesses and non-profit organizations impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic in the State of Maryland can use the following Federal, State, and Local funding resources. Funding is not always guaranteed and businesses are encouraged to apply ASAP. Additional guidance can be found in this detailed breakdown of all offerings and in the Small Business Owners Guide to the CARES Act.
Maryland businesses can use the state's new Business Relief Wizard tool to find the programs that are most relevant.
- U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) – The SBA has resumed processing Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL), Express Bridge Loan and Debt Relief applications.
- Maryland Work Sharing Unemployment Insurance - Provides an alternative to layoffs for employers faced with a temporary decline in business. Qualified employers are able to retain employees by reducing their hours of work by a percentage equal to the total reduction of hours that would have been achieved by a layoff. The employees whose hours are reduced receive partial UI benefits to supplement lost wages.
- Maryland Small Business Development Financing Authority COVID-19 Emergency Relief Loan Fund - provides emergency financial relief to Maryland businesses through low interest rates and low documentation loans.
- Hyattsville Pandemic Relief Fund: Emergency grants are available to Hyattsville businesses, childcare providers, and artists through the City's Pandemic Relief Fund.
- Maryland Nonprofit Recovery Initiative: To assist nonprofit organizations whose critical operations have been financially impacted by COVID-19 and the state of emergency.
- COVID-19 Emergency Operating Grant for Nonprofits: Nonprofit heritage tourism organizations located within the boundaries of a certified heritage area are eligible to apply for grants of up to $20,000. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, with all applications received by the first of each month considered as a group. Submit an application here. Non-profits with existing MHAA grants may be able to convert unspent funds to cover emergency COVID-19 operating costs. Contact your project monitors or complete this form for more information.
- Grants for Arts Organizations & Artists: The Maryland State Arts Council has created special grant opportunities to provide emergency funding for art organizations and artists in Maryland.
- Childcare Recovery Program: Prince George’s County has launched a new grant program for childcare providers impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- View the PGC EDC's June 24 webinar on updates to the federal Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) and Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program (EIDL)
Hyattsville Business RoundtablesThe City of Hyattsville hosts quarterly meetings for local business owners to provide relevant business community updates and share resource, program, and grant/loan information. The Fall Roundtable is scheduled for October 20, 2020 from 10 a.m. - 12 p.m as part of the City's celebrations of Economic Development Week. Register at hyattsville.org/econ-week.
For questions and to receive more information, email Community Planner Lillie Lamptey at email@example.com.
Missed the City's Fall 2020 Business Roundtable? No worries, we have you covered! View representatives from the City, County, and State share resources and best practices to help businesses, small and large, find success in this new norm.