City Of Hyattsville 2021 Elections
The 2021 City Election will be a Vote-by-Mail election. Ballots will automatically be mailed to all registered voters in early April.
- March 19, 2021: Deadline for registered voters to provide an alternative mailing address. All registered voters will automatically receive a ballot. Individuals who need to submit an alternative mailing address after this date must contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 301-322-7497.
- April 1, 2021: Ballots mailed to all registered voters. Please allow 5-7 days for your ballot to arrive.
- April 23,2021: Deadline to register to vote using the State voter registration form. Individuals may still register to vote in the 2021 City Election after this date, but must complete same day voter registration form for the City-only voter registry. Please email email@example.com to make an appointment to register to vote and receive your ballot
- May 11, 2021: Election Day! A polling center for all eligible residents will be open at the City Municipal Building, 4310 Gallatin Street. Same Day Voter Registration will also be processed at this location on Election Day.
Ballot return deadline: Voters must return ballots to the City Municipal Building, 4310 Gallatin Street, by 8 p.m. Tuesday, May 11, either by mail, at the City's secure drop box, or in person at the City Building. Postmarked ballots received after 8 PM on May 11 will not be counted.
To ensure you receive your ballot:
Check your voter registration address.
- If you are registered to vote in State and County elections click here for voter lookup.
- If you are registered to vote only in City of Hyattsville elections email firstname.lastname@example.org to check your status.
- If you are registered to vote in State and County elections click here to update your registration.
- If you are registered to vote only in City of Hyattsville elections email email@example.com to update your information.
Submit an alternative mailing address by March 19.
- If you will not be at your address on file on May 11, 2021, you may provide an alternative address to mail your ballot by completing the form below. All alternative address delivery requests must be made in writing and received by March 19, 2021. Individuals who need to submit an alternative mailing address after this date must contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 301-322-7497.
- Alternative Address Delivery Request Form - 2021 City Election
- Alternative Address Delivery Request Form (Spanish) - 2021 City Election
Voter Registration Guidelines
- Are at least 16 years of age
- Have the City of Hyattsville as your primary residence
- Do not claim the right to vote elsewhere in the U.S.
- Have not been found by a court to be unable to communicate the desire to vote
Most Hyattsville Residents are eligible to register using the Maryland State Voter Registration Form. Forms must be submitted according to State guidelines found here. You may register by downloading the forms below and returning them to the Prince George's County Board of Elections or register online here.
16 and 17 year-olds who will be eligible to vote in County, State and Federal elections at age 18 should use the Maryland State Voter Registration Form. Maryland allows 16 year-olds to pre-register to vote using this form.
- in English (PDF)
- en Español (PDF)
- Paper copies of the forms are available at the City Municipal Building.
Eligible residents from all Wards can register to vote and cast their ballot on Election Day at the City Building, 4310 Gallatin Street.
Voter Guide and Candidate Bios
The 2021 Election Guide, which contains the Candidate Bios, will be published in April.