Summer Camp Information
Parent HandbookYou can view it here
Save the date, stop by anytime on Thursday, June 13th from 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm at Magruder Park Recreation Center to meet the Camp Magruder staff. Parents will also have an opportunity to complete and/or turn in camp documents, learn about camp activities, field trips and we can answer any additional questions. Meanwhile campers will enjoy an activity and a healthy snack!
Camp Sessions, Dates and Hours:
- Session I: June 17 through June 28, 2019 (Session I is Full. A wait list is available.)
- Session II: July 1 through July 12, 2019 (Session II is Full A wait list is available)
- Session III: July 15 through July 26, 2019 (Session III is Full A wait list is available)
- Session IV: July 29 through August 19, 2019 (Session IV is Full A wait list is available)
- Session V: Aug 12 through August 23, 2019 (Session V is Full. A wait list is available.)
Camp Magruder hours are from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Registration Fees and Desposit
|Registration & Deposit
||Fee Per Camper, Per Session
|Full Day (Resident)||$250/session|
|Full Day (Non-Resident)||$300/session|
Camper who receive free or reduced lunch, and live within the City of Hyattsville may receive financial assistance upon proof of eligibility. Eligible campers fee for Summer camp is $200 per session.
Swim Trip Information
Campers swim on Friday afternoons, weather permitting at Hamilton Splash Park.
Please pack a swimsuit and towel, and sunscreen for your Camper. We provide sunscreen, but if your Camper has sensitive skin, you may wish to provide your own.
Rash guards are welcome, but the pool does not permit street clothing, including tee shirts, in the water.
Please contact Community Services Department at (301)985-5000.