The Candidate Packet for the May 2015 Election is available for pick up at the City Municipal Building, Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. An electronic copy of the packet is posted below. It is the candidates responsibility to read the packet in its entirety.
Candidate Registration is OPEN! To register you must return the following documents no later than 5 PM on Friday, March 27, 2015:
1. Candidate Registration Form for Office of Mayor OR Candidate Registration Form for Office of Councilmember
2. Certificate of Candidate Qualifications for Office of Mayor OR
3. Financial Disclosure Form (this must be notarized, Please contact Laura Reams at 301-985-5009 or email@example.com to set up an appointment with a City Notary Public.
Please note that the Candidate Registration Form and Certificate of Candidate Qualifications Form have been updated to reflect the adoption of Charter Amendment 2015-02 which will be effective on April 11, 2015. This Charter Amendment established eighteen (18) years of age as the minimum age to run for office. Previously released candidate packets included an an older version of the Candidate Registration Form. Please make sure you are submitting the correct copy of this form. Thank you.
A copy of Charter Amendment 2015-02 can be found here.
In addition, the following forms must be turned into the City Clerk no later than 5 PM on Monday, April 6, 2015
1. Appointment of Treasurer
2. Acceptance of Treasurer
A list of registered candidates for the May 2015 election can be found here.
Please contact City Clerk, Laura Reams at 301-985-5009 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
The Candidate Packet consists of several documents:
- General Information & Table of Contents
- Voter Information
- Candidate Information
- Article II: City Council
- Chapter 4: Administration of Government
- Election Day
- Chapter 8: Elections
- Council Information
- Article IV: Legislation, Nominations & Elections
- Article III: Powers and Duties of Council
- Code of Ethics
- Candidate Registration Form - Office of Mayor
- Candidate Registration Form - Office of Council Member
- Certification of Qualifications - Office of Mayor
- Certification of Qualifications - Office of Council Member
- Financial Disclosure Statement
- Report of Contributions & Expenditures
- Contributions Log
- Expenditures Log
- Appointment of Treasurer
- Acceptance by Treasurer